The Shop > Metal Stuff

Photo etching

(1/1)

28ten:
I thought some of you might be interested in these shots of some etched parts that arrived today. The metal is 12thou brass and the artwork was prepared in AutoCad. as a technique it really comes into it's own for small fine parts in Brass, Nickel silver, stainless steel and phosphor bronze. The cost was a very reasonable £30 for 2 sheets from PPD etching

sbwhart:
Thats nice

I wonder if it would work for the tender sides for my loco, I was contemplating getting them water cut this is something else to consider.

Thanks for showing

Stew

28ten:

--- Quote from: sbwhart on August 05, 2009, 04:48:37 PM ---Thats nice

I wonder if it would work for the tender sides for my loco, I was contemplating getting them water cut this is something else to consider.

Thanks for showing

Stew

--- End quote ---

It would depend on the thickness of the material you intend to etch. etching gives what is termed a cusp, this is insignificant in thin sheet but a problem with thicket material, meaning the edges need more finishing. I have some scrap 30 thou I could send you if you wanted see the effect first hand

sbwhart:
Hi 28ten

Thanks for your kind offer, It'll be some 12 months before I''ll be close to starting the tender, got the small issue of a boiler to build first.

I'll send to a PM with my address.

Thanks again

Stew

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version