Gallery, Projects and General > Project Logs

Project Halo

<< < (12/12)

Stilldrillin:

--- Quote from: Darren on August 22, 2009, 05:20:41 PM ---Don't let my lack of comments fool you .......

I'm keeping an eye on you..... :)

--- End quote ---

Me too an all......  :thumbup:

David D

kvom:
It's funny how perceptions of difficulty vary.   Except for the fins, the cylinders didn't look particularly challenging to me.  OTOH, the heads look like more work.

bogstandard:
Kirk,

Actually, my problems began when I opted for a round stock base to begin with, but it did make the boring and finning much easier. Starting with square, as long as it is spot on size, then getting the holes at 45degs to each other would be easier. I think it is just swings and roundabouts.

The heads pose no problems at all. It looks very complicated and difficult, but when broken down into each stage, it is just set up and drilling. The backstop and fixed vice jaw will take care of that very easily.
But again, if the square stock size isn't spot on, it would be very easy to get things a few thou out. That shouldn't bother me as I am making my own square bar.

Over the last year or so, I have made this engine dozens of times, in my head. Up to now, doing it physically has come out exactly to my expectations.

Bogs

kvom:
My current thought is to use round stock as well, but to mill the square flange before drilling the 8 holes.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version