Gallery, Projects and General > Neat Stuff

Mini surface grinder

(1/6) > >>

bogstandard:
It doesn't have to be as complicated as this

&feature=channel

But the idea is there to make one similar.

A 40tpi leadscrew or an old micrometer head, a ball slide and a small DC motor, and it is nearly there.

Definitely an 'I could make that' project.

Bogs

NorthOf40:
Nice find :thumbup:

I found the builders homepage HERE

Brass_Machine:
Ya know... I wanted to build one. Posted about it on another site and was poo poo'd.

I think I will. I have plans for a small hobby shop one... May just have to go ahead and build it.

Eric

bogstandard:
Eric,

Most of the stuff I grind on my full sized one would most probably be only a couple of square inches. So one like this would definitely be very useful.

A manual or small electric crank would give you the X axis continuous movement coupled to a ratchet to give auto Y movement, and you would be in business.

Bogs

CrewCab:

--- Quote from: bogstandard on July 31, 2009, 10:45:31 AM ---A manual or small electric crank would give you the X axis continuous movement coupled to a ratchet to give auto Y movement, and you would be in business.
--- End quote ---

Steady on John, remember your dealing with someone more at home with bricks and mortar, structural steel and stud walling ............... where acceptable tolerances are +/- 10mm  :bugeye: ..............  but I think I get the general gist, putting it down on paper might be a different matter .........  anyway ..........

I agree that a small surface grinder, capable of dealing with small stock, would be really useful and I'd be interested in building one, though ...... as above ......... the design is beyond my capabilities ............. without a lot of research ............ ERIC .............. I feel a team design coming on here ....   :smart:  ....... errrr  ..............  superviseed by Bogs of course    :med:

CC

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version