Gallery, Projects and General > Project Logs

Rocker Engine

(1/13) > >>

foozer:
Ok I'll toss this attempt into the mix. The little rocker engine

Two whole pieces complete, weekend project?

The axle and crankdisk, small, tiny, need new glasses

Dont want any tool envy going on now

First shot drilling the holes in the disk with my fancy dancy cross slide
thing-a-ma-bob, it works

Second cutting off the excess to which I dropped the other piece and spent 20 minutes looking for it. Of course it found that little space between to lathe stand legs and floor bolt down bracket. All nice and cozy it was too, just a-sitting there watching me hunt

Third shot facing the disk down to finish size, Yes there is a part down in there

Final first 2 little pieces. Photos don't do it justice. that is a small little engine.

Robert

bogstandard:
Robert,

You need to talk to our John Hill. He is only just starting to use a vertical slide, and you might be able to show him a few good pointers.

Nice work by the way.

Bogs

foozer:

--- Quote from: bogstandard on July 18, 2009, 01:12:50 AM ---Robert,

You need to talk to our John Hill. He is only just starting to use a vertical slide, and you might be able to show him a few good pointers.

Nice work by the way.

Bogs

--- End quote ---

I've read his bit on its usage, limited use is right, A version 2 is coming up near future

sbwhart:
Nice work Robert a vertical slide certainly makes a lathe a truely versatile machine.

I thought I was the only one who dropped and lost things I guess we're in the same club. Its just one of the penalties you pay for having a liking for making small bits.

I'm trying to finish off my rockers over the weekend but my Boss has other plans so I don't think I'm going to get much shop time.

Have fun

Stew

foozer:

--- Quote from: sbwhart on July 18, 2009, 02:09:30 AM ---Nice work Robert a vertical slide certainly makes a lathe a truely versatile machine.

I thought I was the only one who dropped and lost things I guess we're in the same club. Its just one of the penalties you pay for having a liking for making small bits.

I'm trying to finish off my rockers over the weekend but my Boss has other plans so I don't think I'm going to get much shop time.

Have fun

Stew

--- End quote ---

Slide has been handy. Pieced it up to get some vertical adjustment and use the cross slide for the horizontal. Really need to get version 2 going, gain a better balance of overhang and range of movement. Like John Hill I believe has pointed out, cross slide travel to spindle axis limits the range considerable.

Think next on the Rocker engine will be the Flywheel. Wanted to build this thing to spec, thinking tho, the flywheel is gonna suffer some creative changes :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version