Gallery, Projects and General > Gallery

quickchange toolpost mod

(1/3) > >>

Mr blindbird:
Hi all,
Allready when i introduced myself,there were peeps anctious to see what i was gonne make first on the lathe...here it is;

The toolpost that i bought sat only on a small diameter,not having enough support,it would make the cuttingbit wanting to slide under my piece when trying to part something  :scratch:

So i made a new rod with threads;

Connected it to the original nut and secured them with an internal hex bolt M5;

Drilled 4 holes in the sled and spacer which i needed to make the toolpost stand high enough to be able to reach center with all possible tools,slipt the spacer over the new rod and secured it with 4 bolts M5(I made absolutely sure i wouldnt drill anywhere in the guides of the sled first);

Made a spacer so the handle to fasten the motherblock would face the right direction when tight;

Assembled everything and there!! a nice tight sitting toolpost;

Hope to be a help for anyone else with this.

Danny

sbwhart:
Hi Danny

Thanks for showing I'm shure it will be usfull bit of information for some of the Guys, just one question what next  :D   :proj:

Have fun

Stew

Divided he ad:
A worth while Mod'.... You gotta have your tool held ridgidly!  :dremel:

Looks like you're getting to grips with the new machinery too Danny?   :thumbup:

As Stew said..... What's next?  (We always ask that  :nrocks: )

Ralph.

P.S. You certainly got the picture thing sorted  :thumbup:

Stilldrillin:
Very nicely done Danny!  :clap:

David D

sbwhart:

--- Quote from: sbwhart on July 15, 2009, 01:59:41 PM ---Hi Danny

Thanks for showing I'm shure it will be usfull bit of information for some of the Guys, just one question what next  :D   :proj:

Have fun

Stew

--- End quote ---

Hi Danny

Sorry for the abrupt sign off.

I ment to ask if you screw cut those threads in the rod, very nicely done  :clap: threading up to a corner is never easy, looking forward to your next project.

Cheers

Stew

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version