The Shop > Tools

Fitting a Multifix Aa

<< < (3/4) > >>

Dell:

--- Quote from: philf on February 14, 2024, 04:35:00 AM ---Dell,
What sort of knurling tool are you using?
The clamp style knurling tool is far better for your lathe than the standard (one sided) type and isn't likely to move your tool post.
Phil.

--- End quote ---
It is a scissor type and the tool turned away from the headstock causing holder to turn.
Dell
PS I have got it setup in rear tool post now so shouldn’t be a problem now.

Dell:

[\quote] I know this is a bigger Multifix but clearly shows the holes at the top.
Phil.
[/quote]

Yes I have taken the top off and they are definitely blind holes , it seems the larger Multifix has through holes but not small ones.
I ended up turning a pointed stud inserting it in hole squaring holder and tapping with a soft hammer and it marked it just enough for me to centre punch and drill , all back together now.
Dell

philf:

--- Quote from: Dell on February 15, 2024, 04:26:11 AM ---
--- Quote from: philf on February 14, 2024, 04:35:00 AM ---Dell,
What sort of knurling tool are you using?
The clamp style knurling tool is far better for your lathe than the standard (one sided) type and isn't likely to move your tool post.
Phil.

--- End quote ---
It is a scissor type and the tool turned away from the headstock causing holder to turn.
Dell
PS I have got it setup in rear tool post now so shouldn’t be a problem now.

--- End quote ---

I also use my clamp style knurling tool in the rear toolpost.

philf:

--- Quote from: Dell on February 15, 2024, 04:32:23 AM ---
[\quote] I know this is a bigger Multifix but clearly shows the holes at the top.
Phil.

--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---Yes I have taken the top off and they are definitely blind holes , it seems the larger Multifix has through holes but not small ones.
I ended up turning a pointed stud inserting it in hole squaring holder and tapping with a soft hammer and it marked it just enough for me to centre punch and drill , all back together now.
Dell

--- End quote ---

Glad you've got it sorted!

John Rudd:

--- Quote from: philf on February 13, 2024, 05:57:40 PM ---I'd just put a toolholder in and set it with a square.

--- End quote ---

I do that all the time, especially with parting and threading tools where it matters to be square on to the job…

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version