The Shop > Tools

Fitting a Multifix Aa

(1/4) > >>

Dell:
A bit of advice please, I have made a new post for the Multifix size Aa on my Myford and as I didn’t use the steady pin initially I thought I would do it as I have it apart, underneath are three equally spaced holes although I only need one but am not sure how to get one in the correct place in the compound if it’s slightly out the holder won’t be square to the headstock , I know the Multifix will tour but it could be possible to get the hole half a hole out so if anyone has a suggestion or has already done it would be much appreciated , hope that makes sense.
Dell

philf:

--- Quote from: Dell on February 13, 2024, 10:42:02 AM ---A bit of advice please, I have made a new post for the Multifix size Aa on my Myford and as I didn’t use the steady pin initially I thought I would do it as I have it apart, underneath are three equally spaced holes although I only need one but am not sure how to get one in the correct place in the compound if it’s slightly out the holder won’t be square to the headstock , I know the Multifix will tour but it could be possible to get the hole half a hole out so if anyone has a suggestion or has already done it would be much appreciated , hope that makes sense.
Dell

--- End quote ---

Dell,
Perhaps post a photo. I'm guessing the holes are blind.
I have the Dickson type toolpost on my lathe and it doesn't have a location dowel (nor does it need one). Because it's basically square I can easily set it with a square.
Phil.

Dell:
Here is a picture of the underside of the Multifix I only need to use one hole and the holes are blind.
Dell

philf:
I'm guessing that the three holes would locate the body in different positions so e.g ideally you'd get one to position the tool to be square to the topslide and the others would give you a few degrees variation. I haven't been able to find a drawing with the hole positions online.

Dell:
No I couldn’t find a drawing either , I only need to fix it square to the compound because it’s adjustable in 40 other positions without undoing the centre locknut.
Dell

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version