The Shop > Electronics & IC Programing

Pi PICO DRO/Quill-Knee combiner

<< < (7/12) > >>

AdeV:
Ah, I forgot you were using an OLED, which unfortunately rules out colours.

I'd be tempted to draw a single-pixel line (instead of the ">" character, or the "-" character you've used). I'd keep the highlight personally - but YMMV.

I've actually switched away from an OLED for my project - partly because they're expensive for their size (I was using Adafruit's 128x128 display, which costs a little over £20/unit); now I use a 128x160 TFT: The per unit price is around £6.00 (from a reputable supplier), I get a whole pile of colours, and some extra pixels to boot. Yeah, the viewing angle isn't as good as OLED, but that doesn't seem to be a problem in normal use.

BillTodd:
I'm not sure about the oled either. As you say expensive for a small area. The Dro requires a large low res display,  but glass area seems expensive these days.

I was looking at the programmable displays (insert forgotten name here)  but they would need more code   I guess.

Edit.

I have managed to remove the ghosting.. the contrast setting parameter was way too high in the default driver

BillTodd:
Initial Git commit here:

https://github.com/WKTodd/PicoDRO/tree/main

BillTodd:
Update:

I've added a surface speed bargraph to the two axis display .ATM it assumes the axes are perpendicular but any angle could be programmed.

To compensate for the shortage of IO pins I've had to make an I2c keypad . Using a cheap LCD-I2C board made to interface LCD modules  (https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/292479533680?)

I have a 4x4 matrix with 4 additional keys to ground (it would be possible to drive 24 keys with the 8bit chip but the lcd boards use P3 as a LED output via a transistor (it can still used as a row driver for the multiplex with a bit of bit inversion) .

BillTodd:
Apologies for lack of progress.

The A12 resurfacing work  has reached stanway , and even though I am a couple of miles away the buggers are waking me at 3 or 4am every bloody night with the low frequency vibration. It's like having a bus ticking over outside the window! 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version