The Shop > Electronics & IC Programing

Customizing waveforms for FY6900 function generator - is it worth the effort?

<< < (2/2)

sorveltaja:

--- Quote from: Joules on December 11, 2023, 07:37:58 AM --- :thumbup: From a fellow Rhino user, what format do you export the Rhino data in ? Try a full size pulse (approx x2 the signal height you are trying to display) and see if they keep their proportions now.  As you say it appears to be a scaling issue with the software loading the FY6900, perhaps taking the highest point as reference, my guess.

--- End quote ---

I don't remember exact details, but I used just a .txt file format to export the data. Depending on what other application/program is (to which that data is imported/fed or whatever), there is usually a need to replace commas with points(or remove quotation marks), so .txt file format may - and usually will have countless formats in itself.

There are, again, countless options to transfer data between programs. And when one is testing things, there are no readily made or automated solutions, so the needed conversion is tested manually to see what works. That's what I did by using text editors like Excel, Openoffice, or even Notepad.

But yeah, when there are quite a few things involved/to consider(softwares and hardware(like a scope)), there is always possibility to misunderstand the results at some point(as I've already demonstrated).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version