Gallery, Projects and General > Member Videos

Enjomor 6cc Hit & Miss Engine - Last Mods I Think?

(1/1)

Jim Dobson:
Enjomor 6cc Hit & Miss Engine - Last Mods I Think?

Somehow I doubt it though, these engines are made to muck around with.

SwarfnStuff:
Congrats, Always a thrill when our models run.  :clap:
Looks good, sounds great. Seems to be cycling through the hit and miss well.
I would probably try to get the revs down a bit more but that is more fiddling (modifications) as you thought.
Well Done.

John B

Jim Dobson:

--- Quote from: SwarfnStuff on August 15, 2023, 02:18:45 AM ---Congrats, Always a thrill when our models run.  :clap:
Looks good, sounds great. Seems to be cycling through the hit and miss well.
I would probably try to get the revs down a bit more but that is more fiddling (modifications) as you thought.
Well Done.

John B

--- End quote ---

Thanks John, yes if it could miss a little more than hit I would be really stoked. I am watching as much as I can on YT picking up a hint here and there.
I made another dummy battery on the lathe with some delrin and brass and tried running it on just two AA batteries (3v) thinking that might make it run slower but it wasn't enough to fire it.

Those 'points' I think hold a bit of the key to slowing it down, but boy are they fiddly things!

Thanks again for the comment, really appreciated.

SwarfnStuff:
From my limited experience hit n miss depends on the mass of the flywheel (Out by the rims), the mass of the governors and governor springs. All seem to interact but from lessons learned, change one at a time otherwise you will wonder which change messed it up.
:doh:

Regards,
John B

Jim Dobson:
Thanks John

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version