Gallery, Projects and General > Member Videos

Hit & Miss Engine - Help Needed

(1/2) > >>

Jim Dobson:
G'day all, I have taken more than a few days to build the base for this Enjomor 6cc Hit & Miss Engine. Really happy how it turned out.
I can't get a spark from the plug. Has anyone got any thoughts on what to check out to see why I'm not getting a spark? I've pointed out in the video a few things where I'm stuck.

SwarfnStuff:
Looks Good Jim,
      My first thought is check the reed switch wires. You say three but only two are  used so can you check the two connected wires actually make a circuit when the contacts close then no circuit when they break? Or reversed?
First place I would check anyway.
Good luck trouble shooting the problem and other more knowledgeable that I will chip in with more help I'm sure.
John B

Jim Dobson:
Thanks John appreciated mate. I will try that.

Hopefully the process of elimination eventually gets it running.

Have a great evening and thanks again.

tom osselton:
I’ve no idea but to follow the power and see where it stops, although it would be a hoot if it was the on / off badge needs flipped 180*. 

Probably the best person to talk to would be Doc he’s done a few of those and he’s a forum member too.

Jim Dobson:

--- Quote from: tom osselton on July 25, 2023, 04:20:05 PM ---I’ve no idea but to follow the power and see where it stops, although it would be a hoot if it was the on / off badge needs flipped 180*. 

Probably the best person to talk to would be Doc he’s done a few of those and he’s a forum member too.

--- End quote ---

G'day Tom, I've checked the on off switch :)

Thanks for the reply, appreciated.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version