Gallery, Projects and General > Project Logs

Rocketronics electronic leadscrew

<< < (4/4)

philf:
Hi Dell,

You're walking into a minefield!

Here's a link to a table for radial infeed:

https://data.mmc-carbide.com/7416/5908/8328/tec_threading_depth_external_en-gl.pdf

However it only works for radial infeed (i.e. x-axis only feed and not feeding in at 1/2 the thread angle) and it only works when the thread cutting tool has the correct radius for the pitch and type of thread.

Radial infeed is OK for fine threads.

CNCCOOKBOOK have a thread calculator but you need to have bought a copy of their Gwizard feeds and speeds calculator to be able to download and use it. I've not yet looked at it to see if it will do what you want. I perhaps will later.

Cheers.

Phil.

jebewick:
Hello Dell. Not visited MM for quite a while, but today came across your post here about the Rocketronics ELS. I notice you have not posted since your question about threading.
I have a Rocketronics ELS fitted to a 13'' Taiwanese lathe, fitted it about three years ago. Have found it very good when just hogging material down to near size. Saves a lot of repetitive work. Threading is one of its most useful features, although it does take some initial trial threads to be cut to establish the parameters that need to be entered. I mainly use full form carbide inserts, which makes things a little easier. If using general purpose threading inserts, then you do need to establish the nose radius for each make of insert used, as they all seem to vary.
Be interested to know how you are getting on with it.

Dell:
A quick update on my Rocketronics on the Myford I am slowly getting to grips with it , had a couple of crashes due to not zeroing axis and still having trouble with depth of cut when single point thread even with insert tooling, I needed a tool rest for my Pultra so made the post on the Myford I must say I don’t regret installing it.
Dell

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version