The Shop > Tools

First time boring a hole

(1/1)

Dell:
Finally fitted the Multifix to my Myford 10  and got tools on centre after having 2mm milled off the top of the compound,  but as I hadn’t bored a hole before I thought got to do it one day so yes Okay so I changed my mind yet again, ( wife said it’s her place to change her mind not mine ) anyway I decided to use the original tool post stud and bore out a bush and the sleeve on top of Multifix, although I hadn’t done any boring before I found it was just as easy to bore as it is to turn down the OD apart from not being able to see what’s happening, I decided to make the bush first just in case I cocked the boring part up as I didn’t want to cock up the sleeve on the Multifix, I knew I had to shorten the stud but didn’t count on having to alter the nut as well because the adjuster on the tool holder fouled on it , I ended up cutting it in half and milling a couple of flats on it , ( it only needed one but looked odd ), I have about 1.5mm of adjustment so am happy with the outcome.
Dell

pycoed:
That's a really nice toolholder :thumbup: -  I didn't know they made Multifix's that small. If the lever is near the stud, your knuckles will thank you to dome the stud end & chamfer the edges of the nut too!

Dell:
Yes I know I need to alter the retainer nut but I need the correct thread tap , and I know I can thread using the lathe but not something I have done externally yet let alone internally.
Dell

vtsteam:
Good work, Dell. :clap:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version