The Shop > Tools

is it possible

<< < (2/3) > >>

Darren:
Chris, the variac will adjust the output from 0-110V to controll the speed of the motor. You don't need any other components.

raynerd:
Wow! that is really amazing info. - so only a £10!

I use my boxford a lot now but my clarke use to annoy me so much with those fuses popping constantly - I mean there is stretching your machine to extremes which obviously isn`t good but then there is just asking for some hard work and my fuses use to pop with the slightest resistance to machining! 2.5A slow burning fuses are a pain!
I understand the fuse is there for a reason but with the method above, what would happen if you over-load - is it the motor that will pop? I`m just thinking, will this method actually be an upgrade in terms of the maximum torque/performance without the dreaded pop of the fuse? Anyway framey, I`m hijacking your thread and digressing - great info Darren.

Chris

framey:
its all relative keep hijacking lol

the lathe in question was my first lathe i since bought another one same make and model which has now **** out
the part gone on this one is the forward reverse switch.
 seems to be cheap parts all round on these lathes

other problems ive had with these lathes
fuse holder broken
pc board blown
emergency stop button broke
i will rebuild it so i have to to pay with lol

raynerd:
Did you find that the small 2.5A slow burn fuse blows at the slightest resistance?

framey:
ummmm cant remember on the last one

this one ive never had any problems with until now lo

lit could be because the first time i changed the fuse the carrier broke so i just removed the carrier i have no doubt whatso ever this has contributed in the blowing of the boards

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version