The Shop > Tools

Picked this up today

(1/5) > >>

Dell:
Just purchased this very clean Myford ML 10 with lots of accessories including a Bernard grip true 100mm chuck.
Dell

philf:
Dell,

That looks like a Speed 10 and it looks immaculate. However it doesn't look to have 2,000 rpm on the speed plate.

[I just found this on lathes.co.uk:  Later machines, produced from January 18th, 1978, (from machine V137261) were fitted with grease-lubricated roller-bearing headstocks that, although provided by the factory with the same speed range as the earlier machine, can easily and safely be modified to run as fast as the later "Speed 10" version (see below for details).]

Have fun with it.

Phil.

vtsteam:
That looks really nice and with fine accessories! I've been watching some Myfordboy videos lately on YouTube, and he certainly gets the most out of his ML 10. He's even built a shop-made headstock extension. I imagine you're pretty happy with that acquisition!  :clap: :beer:

Dell:

--- Quote from: philf on February 11, 2023, 04:15:31 PM ---Dell,

That looks like a Speed 10 and it looks immaculate. However it doesn't look to have 2,000 rpm on the speed plate.

[I just found this on lathes.co.uk:  Later machines, produced from January 18th, 1978, (from machine V137261) were fitted with grease-lubricated roller-bearing headstocks that, although provided by the factory with the same speed range as the earlier machine, can easily and safely be modified to run as fast as the later "Speed 10" version (see below for details).]

Have fun with it.

Phil.

--- End quote ---
Hi Phil
Yes serial number V162443 and it has grease lubricated roller bearings and it can be converted to speed 10 , I think it’s exactly the same lathe apart from pulley’s, I looked up Pratt Bernard grip true chuck because I hadn’t heard of it Rotagrip are selling the 100mm for £719.80 that’s 3/4 of the price I paid for the lot very happy
Dell

philf:
My mate has an ML10 but the earlier version. I gave him a vfd and 3-phase motor for it which allows him to run the lathe a little faster - but not the 2,000rpm yours should be capable of.

When I was at College in Manchester in the early 70s there was a showroom for Joseph Gleave & Son on Piccadilly Station Approach. They had an ML10 on display and I was tempted but couldn't afford the £150!

Phil.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version