The Shop > Tools

Broken lathe

<< < (2/2)

John Rudd:
Bill,
The Invertek unit that has failed, has a multi pin power module for the output devices. The remainder of the circuitry is fairly straight forward, there’s a TNY device for the power supply, numerous 8 pin ‘op amp ‘ looking devices and an ARM processor….Repairing is not for the faint hearted, there’s a main board with 2 more boards slotted into it…these need removing to better access….

With the lack of a circuit diag. Repair is hopeless….hence the new purchase..

Joules:
Shame you bogged off to the back of beyond John.  There be surface mount rework facilities here :dremel:

Glad you are getting sorted, but if you do want the VFD having a look over and happen to be in South Yorkshire you're welcome to pop by.

John Rudd:
Joules,
Thanks for the offer…. :beer:

Like I said above, the lack of a drawing really hampers….Under and over volts on the bus would usually be covered by 2 comparators feeding into the control logic probably handled by the processor….I’ve found this to be the case with earlier Teco inverters….can’t see this one being any different….really. :coffee:

Joules:
Mostly my check would be diodes and capacitors, any unidentifiable multi legged beastie with a crater in it deems the job unlikely to be repairable.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version