The Shop > Tools

Broken lathe

(1/2) > >>

John Rudd:
My 290 lathe is broken….,😢😢😢😢😢

The vfd has failed…an Invertek 1.5kw unit…Powers up but displays O-volts…. Indicative of high bus voltage…which seems odd.
I first put it down to being cold in the garage or damp…but no, brought into the house, sat on a rad to dry out to no avail….
I’ve put a call in to Invertek to see if it can be repaired/how much…a new one is around £200…. Ouch!!

Muzzerboy:
Wow. For that money you could get a proper VFD. Something like this https://acdcdrives.co.uk/collections/ac-inverter-drives/products/1-5kw-inverter-230vac-1ph-yaskawa-ga500

John Rudd:
Well not good news….

They say it’s 5 yrs old and has been superceded…..
A replacement is £206….

So I could go to eBay and buy a cheap chink replacement, or inverter drive supermarket has a WEG unit for much less…..choices choices…,,

John Rudd:
Thought I'd update on this....

after several futile attempts to revive the poorly inverter, I've ordered a new one from Inverter drive supermarket....the WEG one..

The Invertek replacement was coming in at £188, given their lack of enthusiasm to help, I decided to go elsewhere..

Hopefully this one will last me...

BillTodd:
Of the few vfds I have successfully revived,  the easiest to repair was a cheap Chinese made model, mainly because it used mostly discreet devices and came apart in a relatively simple manner. The typical compact models from Europe/japan use solid state modules which, while available, are impossible to swap.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version