Gallery, Projects and General > How do I??

Aluminum Bronze?

<< < (2/2)

Darren:
BP1 is sorts brownish/blackish....? lovely to machine.

The aluminim bronze I have seen is very light yellow....quite light in colour.

Ordinary free machining brass CZ121? is yellow.

Confusing I know, maybe you should buy a small piece and take it home to test?

Divided he ad:
Ok, so I tried to write a little on this thread yesterday..... But my computer is in the twighlight zone recently and is getting ever more annoying!  :hammer:

So basically what I wrote was a little something like this.........

I have made only one thing from ali-bronze, a torch. 

It was made from the same stock as Darrens gibs ( :thumbup: )  all very easy to machine until I came to thread it using tap/die..... It then got really hard to work and almost got launched across the room! ::)

Still, I managed in the end and it polishes up loverly (pic' in the brass torches thread) made for a friends little sis's 21th birthday, she likes the bling!!  :thumbup:

Strange about the magnetic quality... It almost feels like it's a brass bar with an iron core, not quite enough attraction to keep the magnet interested  :scratch:  :)

Just my 2p worth,but remember it might not "bite" until you are almost finished!!  :doh:

But I'd still buy a bit and have a go   :ddb: 

Ralph.

websterz:

--- Quote from: Darren on June 25, 2009, 04:08:19 AM ---BP1 is sorts brownish/blackish....? lovely to machine.

The aluminim bronze I have seen is very light yellow....quite light in colour.

Ordinary free machining brass CZ121? is yellow.

Confusing I know, maybe you should buy a small piece and take it home to test?

--- End quote ---

I carry a small triangular file with me when I go scrappin'. If the file says "NO" I listen and move on.  :dremel:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version