The Breakroom > The Water Cooler

Another Burst Water Main on the Farm

<< < (3/4) > >>

Pete W.:
Matthew,

All I can do from this far away is commiserate.  I hope that it all gets properly sorted out soon.

awemawson:
Who's this Matthew chap  :scratch:

Thanks Pete
Andrew

You know things are bad when you recognise some of the ground works crew and they greet you like an old friend!

Pete W.:

--- Quote from: awemawson on June 08, 2023, 09:34:15 AM ---Who's this Matthew chap  :scratch:

Thanks Pete
Andrew

You know things are bad when you recognise some of the ground works crew and they greet you like an old friend!

--- End quote ---

Sorry about that.  I blame my age!!

awemawson:
Well goodness only knows how many orange men we now have on site. Latest contingent are Tree Surgeons - they have to push back the quite solid Laurel Hedge far enough to let Mr Digger get at the pipe.

Prior to that a team delivered a 6 metre length of expensive looking 6" blue water main and a whole bunch of fittings - they also brought a tower lighting generator as they assure me they will work through the night until water is restored.

Prior to that we had a rather smart Water Bowser delivered primarily for the livestock, and multiple bottles of drinking water.

And (finally) prior to that another gang laid a road way across my front lawn to hopefully reduce the scaring and subsequent restitution that will be needed.

All good fun - especially as my private borehole pump packed in yesterday morning - OK it's untreated water but OK for the polytunnels & greenhouse as well as the sheep. Traced the fault to the start capacitor and lashed in a temporary replacement - Amazon delivered the correct one a few minutes ago so that's back working - phew !

hermetic:
Oh Crikey Andrew, not again! the biggest drama we had today was the little tractor coil quitting! much easier to fix! You would think that by now they would have learned their lesson and replaced the whole thing. It must cost them more to restore your garden than it does to repair the pipe! Best of luck with it all.
Phil

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version