Gallery, Projects and General > The Design Shop

Variator for small lathe

<< < (7/9) > >>

BillTodd:
Fitted the top , feet and added rubber fillets to hold the panels in.

BillTodd:
A bit more fiddling today. I've wired a control box with no-volt switch and psu for the speed adjustment motor.

I going to have to pull the kopp apart and clean out some debris, I noticed that since changing orientation,it has developed a click (the adjustment worm bearing show noticeable wear and I suspect crap from this has got into the mechanism. Changing oil didn't shift it.) And I have a oil leak from the speed adjustment port.

It'll be easier to make a motor driven speed change with it on the bench

philf:

--- Quote from: BillTodd on September 19, 2023, 01:44:28 PM ---A bit more fiddling today. I've wired a control box with no-volt switch and psu for the speed adjustment motor.

I going to have to pull the kopp apart and clean out some debris, I noticed that since changing orientation,it has developed a click (the adjustment worm bearing show noticeable wear and I suspect crap from this has got into the mechanism. Changing oil didn't shift it.) And I have a oil leak from the speed adjustment port.

It'll be easier to make a motor driven speed change with it on the bench

--- End quote ---

Bill, I still have another and some spares if you need them. Phil. (I did have a flexible drive for the speed change knob so you could operate it remotely but don't know where it is - or even if I still have it.)

BillTodd:
Cheers Phil,

I'm sure it'll only need a clean I was fine until I ran it on its side. When I swapped the bungs the magnetic one was quite furry , so there is sludge in there.

Vill

BillTodd:
Well, that was instructive. 

1, they are not difficult to take apart.

2, the largest piece of debris was a flake of paint (thst probably fell in when I opened it).

3, there is no perceivable wear , it's like new inside.

4, they are fiddly f####rs to put back together!

Still , I have fixed the leak

And decided the click is the motor coupling, which I may have to change along with the motor, as it lacks starting torque for the highest speeds.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version