Home Base > Announcements & Issues

Saving sorveltaja Linked Images - ISP Closing

(1/4) > >>

sorveltaja:
Today I got a message from my ISP provider, that they end the ftp hosting service 31.12.2022. So, all the images that are in my project threads, will disappear.

Sea.dog:
Which is why you should always upload to the site. The threads will now be worthless.

awemawson:
echo . . . echo . . .  echo     :med:

vtsteam:
Sorveltaja, if you want to find another host and move your photos there, I can modify the links in your thread to point to the new location -- as long as you don't rename them. I did that to all of mine when Photobucket dropped the hammer.

Or if you want, I can upload them to the forum now as attachments, and then replace them into your posts. The forum now allows inline full size images, so the look and location in the text will appear unchanged.

Seadog, please don't tell people what they should or shouldn't do when contributing pics. Have you uploaded any? Whatever way a person wants to contribute their material is welcome here, it's THEIR material.

sorveltaja:

--- Quote from: vtsteam on September 28, 2022, 01:59:16 PM ---Sorveltaja, if you want to find another host and move your photos there, I can modify the links in your thread to point to the new location -- as long as you don't rename them. I did that to all of mine when Photobucket dropped the hammer.

Or if you want, I can upload them to the forum now as attachments, and then replace them into your posts. The forum now allows inline full size images, so the look and location in the text will appear unchanged.

Seadog, please don't tell people what they should or shouldn't do when contributing pics. Have you uploaded any? Whatever way a person wants to contribute their material is welcome here, it's THEIR material.

--- End quote ---

Thanks Steve, much appreciated. I looked for alternative hosting services, but meh, nowadays they seem to be only for business use, at least here in Finland.

So yeah, it would be great if you can change them as attachments. I guess the 'http' problem gets solved also by doing that :beer:.     

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version