The Shop > Tools

Clamping Sets - 12mm Slot M10 Stud or .... Stud Vertex

(1/2) > >>

raynerd:
Hi Guys

I`m in need of a clamping set for my Chester Conquest which has 12mm slots in the bed. I`ve been searching for a few days to get the best deal - RDGtools comes in at £32 and being local, I can collect. I have just found another supplier - RotaGrip and these offer the 52 pc kit at £25 plus the postage - due to postage, they are both going to cost me the same and besides I know RDGtools and like the people in there.

Anyway, I was going to plunge for the set until I noticed RotaGrip also sell a "Clamping Kit 12mm Slot M10 Stud Vertex" as opposed to "Clamping Kit 12mm Slot M10 Stud" and this comes in at £40 but I can`t for the life of me understand the difference:

Clamping Kit 12mm Slot M10 Stud 
£25.40 (including 15 % tax)
52 Piece Clamping Kit

This range of steel clamping kits are designed to save valuable set up time and comprises of the following items:
24 Studs ( 4 off each 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8")
6 Tee Nuts
4 Coupling Nuts
6 Flange Nuts
6 Step Clamps
6 Pairs Step Blocks.

Clamping Kit 12mm Slot M10 Stud Vertex   
£40 (including 15 % tax)
Vertex 52 Piece Clamping Kit

This range of steel clamping kits are designed to save valuable set up time and comprises of the following items:
24 Studs ( 4 off each 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8")
6 Tee Nuts
4 Coupling Nuts
6 Flange Nuts
6 Step Clamps
6 Pairs Step Blocks.

Look identical to me so what is this "vertex" that adds the additional cost? I`ve done a search and I know Vertix is a brand as they make Vices but is it a make in this situation - the sets look truely identical.

Adivce appreciated - are these 52pc sets the best to go for?
Chris

Stilldrillin:
Personally Chris, I think you buy these clamping kits & never find the use for 75% of the components......

I have 8 or so T nuts, several feet of 10mm studding, 4 swan neck clamps + nuts & washers.

Sufficient...... So far!  :thumbup:

David D

matnewsholme:
vertex is just better quality as opposed to a no-name chinese set. No need to spend extra money for vertex for something as basic as a clamp set imo

matt

Darren:
From what I can see Vertex take what's out in the market and slap their own name on it....for a price... :scratch:

Do they actually make anything themselves?

John Stevenson:

--- Quote from: Darren on June 23, 2009, 04:45:13 AM ---From what I can see Vertex take what's out in the market and slap their own name on it....for a price... :scratch:

Do they actually make anything themselves?

--- End quote ---

No

John S.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version