Gallery, Projects and General > How do I??

internal nut fixing

(1/3) > >>

shipto:
I am struggling for a proper looking solution to some internal nuts for my diehead project and I have decided to throw it out here to see if anyone has a better way than I am currently doing it.
I have the part pictured and need to mill the highlighted part out leaving the tang which prevents this hidden nut from just spinning inside the diehead shank. I have made a fixture that fits into a ER32 collet fitted to my rotary table. I then bring a 5mm cutter down so it just hits the smaller diameter and turn the table through 315 degrees which does the job but i am having to get the cutter closer to the smaller diameter than I would like which is leaving a ridge down the part which wont hurt anything but just looks shoddy in my opinion.

philf:
I can't visualise how you're doing this. I assume that the axis of the cutter is perpendicular to the axis of the part? In that case how do you get a straight sided key without a radius where the key meets the head?

Phil.

WeldingRod:
If I grok what you are doing...   you could use a large diameter slotting cutter and avoid se radii in your slot.

Sent from my SM-G715A using Tapatalk

shipto:

--- Quote from: philf on September 10, 2022, 04:44:39 AM ---I can't visualise how you're doing this. I assume that the axis of the cutter is perpendicular to the axis of the part? In that case how do you get a straight sided key without a radius where the key meets the head?

Phil.

--- End quote ---
Sorry should have said the picture would be ideal but no there is a radius each side. I will get a pic of the part in the mill later.

shipto:
Here we are this is how I am doing it now, I put one already done in place and you can see the problem.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version