Home Base > Introductions

myford ML7 reborne

<< < (3/4) > >>

anday:
Hi
to answer other questions ...for my sins, I was a printer of labels, and one of the reasons I like engineering is that my 1st boss was really an engineer and brought some pretty old kit that needed a lot of maintenance.
many thanks for the offer on the tool post.

I bought the manual (expensive) but useful from myford

thanks for the picture advice it worked

I will post up pics when I finally finish it hopefully next week.

if any one has some drawings for a beginner project that wold be great

many thanks
andrew

many thanks

vtsteam:
One of the first things I made for both my Gingery lathe and my Craftsman 12" was a quick change tool post and a bunch of holders.

The Drummond type toolpost and holders are possible to make entirely on a lathe, without a milling machine. The post is a 1.25" dia (or similar convenient metric size) piece of cold rolled rod, drilled through axially to take a fastening bolt to attach to your slide.

The holders can be made via either a 4 jaw chuck or a faceplate. The tool holder's tool slot can be made using the toolpost itself by holding a milling cutter (slot drill) in the headstock, and milling the toolholder while clamped to the toolpost.

Here's a blast from the past thread I did when I first started equipping the Craftsman. BTW the same toolholders fit both the Gingery and Craftsman because I standardized on a 1.25" post.

I've never regretted making these! Thread here:
https://www.madmodder.net/index.php/topic,8415.0.html

Below: The toolpost mounted with a tool holder, and a bunch of blanks to be made into more holders to fit.

jiihoo:
Now that is one nice looking hammer! Quality work.

Cheers,
Jari

anday:
great job i'll give that a go

I managed to finish lath final pic..proud dad lol

anday:
DRO fitted

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version