Author Topic: Hello from God's own country.  (Read 4716 times)

Offline Proud Saxon

Hello from God's own country.
« on: August 16, 2022, 05:26:22 PM »
Hi all,

Quick intro as this is my 1st post. Name's Shamus from East Yorkshire and after a life with motorcycles I hung up my leathers last year and put that time into a new hobby. Had a mini lathe for a while but wanted to branch out in machines and hopefully learn something new. One thing I insisted on was that the machines and equipment I got was British made from back in a time when we made quality items.

First item bought was an AEW Viceroy vertical milling machine. It was fully stripped, some improvements made and a DRO fitted. Next was a Viceroy TDS 1/2 PCS lathe. Came without change gears so first job was to make the missing gears and also a thread indicator on the leadscrew. Last week came an old Churchill NB Surface Grinder of which needs a full strip and re-build. I've been searching for a manual and parts diagram without luck. Lathes .co.uk sell one, expensive and doesn't cover the early model that mine is and Churchill seem unable to reply to any requests for info relating to the grinder. So if any one knows where I can get the manual for my model or the later one on pdf it would be appreciated.

Cheers
« Last Edit: August 16, 2022, 05:58:50 PM by Proud Saxon »

Offline awemawson

• Global Moderator
  • East Sussex, UK
Re: Hello from God's own country.
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2022, 02:24:42 AM »
Welcome aboard Shamus. I see from your other post that you have some good British iron to play with, sorting the grinder will be interesting. Don’t forget to start a thread about it and keep us informed.
Andrew Mawson
East Sussex

Offline candypow8

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2022, 11:35:18 AM »
hello everyone, how are you doing?

Offline krv3000

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2022, 03:50:59 PM »
HI and welcume

Offline hermetic

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2022, 04:54:32 AM »
Hi Shamus, I am also in east Yorkshire, near Driffield!
Phil
Man who says it cannot be done should not disturb man doing it! https://www.youtube.com/user/philhermetic/videos?

Offline Pete49

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2022, 11:52:58 PM »
Sorry Shamus but you're not in Australia.  :D :)
oops..........oh no.........blast now I need to redo it

Offline tom osselton

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2022, 04:43:48 PM »
Or Canada

Offline howsitwork?

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2022, 02:35:16 AM »
Well belated greetings from another adopted yorkshireman. Been here 26 years and I view it as missionary work !

Hope the new interest i’d going well ? Remember it takes a while for “ new to you tooling “ to settle in. Some of mines still in it’s moving cases 😳 but you can’t rush a workshop move I keep telling her !