The Breakroom > The Water Cooler

Three Little Piggys

<< < (2/3) > >>

Muzzerboy:
My recently demised father in law was bezzies with Jack Tordoff, Ken Morrison and the Bradford City crowd. He and his brothers (Davidson) had most of the motor franchises in Bradford and its environs back in the 70s and 80s. I heard some pretty wild stuff they got up to. The JCT600 dealership was named after one of Jack's cherished numberplates. Business rivals but good friends. Small world.

awemawson:
As you know I'm sure feeding swill to swine is an offence now - in fact feeding ANYTHING that has been processed in a human kitchen to pigs is now an imprisonable offence.

When our cottage guests ask if they can feed the pigs vegetable trimmings I always say OK so long as you peel the spuds and carrots outside  :clap:

hermetic:
Probably brought about by pig feed manufacturers lobbying government for "better regulation" to boost their profits. Pigs were fed food waste for hundreds of years with no ill effects, Grandad used to boil it in a huge cast urn and feed it hot. Do you know of a sound reason for this regulation Andrew?

awemawson:
It’s to stop cross species infections as understand it Phil.

tom osselton:

--- Quote from: awemawson on August 17, 2022, 04:46:52 PM ---It’s to stop cross species infections as understand it Phil.

--- End quote ---

Well I hope they never cross a pig with Asparagus.   

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version