The Breakroom > The Water Cooler

The Death of Fora

<< < (2/2)

PekkaNF:
Call me oldfashion (at age of somewhat less than sixty years old!), but I really like printed format. I get paper magazine home. I subscribe two periodicals. I read books on paper format. It is just easier and most comfortable.

I use a lot of online material at the work, but I use a paper notebook and print drawings and diagrams that gets a scribled all over. I learn by making notes and drawing.

I agree that you tube has it's place....but it is really hard to find exact information. You have to know almost all the answers before you can find usefull answers, but you have to scroll many talking heads jabbering on and on. I have found many company made tutorials about software useful (until they release next verson...) or some tools, but most of the "influencer" driven reviews and content I don't use.

There is place for entertainment and slow tube is clearly a thing. Just not my thing.

I like this forum. It is not beehive of activity, but there is clearly a lot of expertise that I feel I have found most useful. And this feels much like a very nice community that I visit happily, even when it sometimes a log walk away.

I believe that things go on cycles. Sometimes there are many posts in one day and sometimes people have been busy with their lives (or in a sheds to build that semisecret fuel cell operated steam engine that has booster flux capacitor.

Pekka

John Rudd:
The one thing I like about this place is the folk are helpful,knowledgeable and friendly…..
When a question is raised, there’s usually a direct answer that has the right amount of information rather than numerous answers all saying the same thing…….THAT REALLY WINDS ME UP!….

Notwithstanding YouTube, I have found it useful, especially when I was rewind an armature….but the real help came from a contact in Australia on fb! The guy even called via Messenger to give help….

I guess at the end of the day, the various forums that abound will disappear as other means of sharing evolve…..I don’t know…but the issue there is, all the relevant knowledge and information will disappear too…..

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version