The Craftmans Shop > Radio Control Models

RC Benchy

<< < (6/9) > >>

ddmckee54:
My u-joint finally showed up.  It only took 3-4 un-answered e-mail attempts, almost giving up, deciding to write off my loses, and finally deciding to Never buy from those guys again.  Then about a week later I got an e-mail from their shipping department  that they had been informed of a miss-shipment and asking me to confirm that I had received a miss-shipment.  They couldn't understand this, since nobody had ever contacted them.

That just rubbed me the wrong way, so I sent a rather Snarky reply back to them.  This included a copy of the e-mail that I has sent to both the shipping department AND the sales department, the dates of the follow-up e-mails, along with the comment that I was seriously considering just writing off my loses and NEVER buying from them again.

2 days later I got my u-joint.  I guess the squeaky wheel DOES get the grease.

After I get the yard-work done this weekend I'll see about getting some more work done on Benchy, maybe even getting some paint on the hull.

Don

ddmckee54:
Benchy is VERY monochromatic right now.  Apparently he didn't get the memo that the Great White Fleet sailed YEARS ago.

It's just the primer, the various greys and blacks, and other colors will soon follow.

Don

ddmckee54:
Benchy's getting a nameplate for his transom.

It's only in white primer now, but I couldn't resist seeing what it would look like.  It needs some flat white touchup around the edges.  SOMEBODY tried hand sanding a couple of the more stubborn letters and that was the result.  The highlighter is there for scale.

Don

ddmckee54:
A sneak peek, before Benchy's completely grown his teeth.

The black outline around the top of the mouth is next on the hit parade, along with the black below the waterline.  The grey areas that you can see will also be painted black.  The black that you see through the anchor ports is the inside of the bulwork.  When everything is assembled what you should see through those ports is the grey of the pilot-house, or the turret.

Benchy is starting to need his Kodachrome!

Don

ddmckee54:
Benchy is mostly painted and assembled, no pictures yet so I guess that didn't happen.

BUT...  Mario is no longer monochromatic, he definitely needs his Kodachrome.

When I get home, if I remember it and before it gets dark outside, I'll try to take Benchy outside and get some pictures.  He's got at least a 6 foot finish - maybe even a 10 foot finish.  For those of you that don't know what a 10 foot finish is, if you're farther than 10 feet away from it, about 3 meters, it looks good.  If you get closer, you start to see the flaws.  If I go outside I can stay 6 feet away, so the paint job should look good.

Don

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version