The Craftmans Shop > Radio Control Models

RC Benchy

<< < (3/9) > >>

ddmckee54:
Take a look at this and see what you think, has Benchy got a Cap'n?   (I think so.)

Here's a slightly blurry side view.

I printed Mario out at 100% and stuck him in the wheel-house, he was just too small.  I reprinted this version at 120%, which I think looks a LOT more better.  I think he's going to have to go under the knife and have a little surgery on his right arm though.  To make it look more like he's holding the wheel, and less like he's just standing there like a Dork.

Benchey got several other modifications.  He got his Close In Weapon System, his smoke-stack was modified to be a radome, and he got his diesel exhaust stacks.  I originally had a really neat set of barrels designed for what was supposed to be a Mini-gun.  I took one look at the printed version, realized that they were WAY TOO SMALL, and said - "Nope, not gonna happen."  The Mini-gun then got replaced with the chain-gun seen in the picture.  As you can see this is not just a Close In Weapon System, it's a REALLY Close In Weapon System.  In fact it could be used to pick-off the seagulls and keep them from crapping on top of the turret.  I've got some seagull figurines on order to set up just such a scene.

I've got to get some more hardware, motor, ESC, prop, bearings, prop-shaft, rudder-post, and all the other Bit's and Bob needed to make a functional boat - that I haven't already got stashed away somewhere.

Then Benchy will be almost ready for the test pond, and his weights and balance testing.  Painting will be done after that.

Don

ddmckee54:
Just did that.

ddmckee54:
Mario is out of surgery and recovering nicely.  His time spent under the knife wasn't too drastic.  I just bent his arm a little, and twisted it a bit.  Just enough so that he doesn't look quite so much like he's the Fonz going Heyyyyyyy.  I'll get a little filler on his arm, enough to cover the scar and give him a bit of an elbow.

Don

vtsteam:
Did you use physical tools for that?

ddmckee54:

--- Quote from: vtsteam on April 21, 2022, 03:52:56 PM ---Did you use physical tools for that?

--- End quote ---

Oh yeah, I don't have the software tools to do it any other way.  I just amputated his arm at the elbow and then reattached it.  I think it turned out OK.  Here's a couple of views of the wheelhouse, this first one is from forward looking into the wheelhouse.

This next one is looking at the port side.  I plan to attach a chain to Mario's left hand to make it look like he's going to sound the horn.

This last one is looking at the starboard side.  I didn't get too crazy with how much I bent his arm, wasn't exactly sure where his hand would wind up in relation to the wheel.  I think it looks OK.

Don

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version