The Breakroom > The Water Cooler

Storm Eunice

<< < (3/6) > >>

awemawson:
That that was lost is found  :ddb: :ddb: :ddb:

Actually hadn't travelled far and has sustained remarkably little damage - just a bit of bending needed. It hinges on two sliding pin hinges and a third one on the opposite edge acts as a retaining latch. Hinges made from copper and pins look to be brass.

. . . needs a bit of re-engineering. Simple job if down on the ground but not too clever at the top of a ladder. I'll probably have to remove the entire head, bring it to ground and fix it but as the electrical bits won't fit through the hole in the base plate it'll need disconnecting first. I've a feeling that hole may end up bigger when it goes back!

modeng200023:
 :clap:

awemawson:
And here back without power  :bang:

Text this morning saying it was going down for emergency safety repairs so back on tiny generator.

I’ve ordered a bigger one via Amazon that arrived with bits missing that are due to be delivered within the hour but meanwhile back in low power mode.

Good thing is if my calculations are right the compensation from the last outage will pay for the generator  :lol:

tom osselton:
We don’t get many power outages in Alberta a momentary drop maybe during a storm that’s enough to reset all the dam clocks though.

awemawson:
The stars were in alignment today - Not raining and cottage guests leaving at 09:00 so I could plan to connect up the generator change over unit and input socket.

Last night I'd told the guests that power was going off at 10 am being 1 hour after their check out time, so I'm afraid despite that fact they hadn't left I threw the switch at precisely 10 AM internet time  :clap:

Theoretically a straight forward job as my meter box was already equipped with an isolator switch that I'd had fitted some years back, but made fiddly as the box is at the end of a bit of a blind alleyway.

Apart from the fact that 25 mm csa meter tails have a will of their own, and a habit of loosening fastenings at one end when you fix the other despite torquing the screws close to shearing point, it all went well and I'm still alive  :ddb:

Put it back on mains initially while I tidied up, then ran on generator for half an hour to prove all was well - no hot cables etc, then reverted to mains.

Hopefully having done this at last will ensure we NEVER have another power cut or the need to use it.

Although I've only put a 32 amp input socket on it, all the internals are stout enough that I can replace that with a 63 amp commando input should I ever find a 20 kva diesel enclosed silent generator which would be much more satisfactory.

(Don't blame me for the excessively long earth cable - that was UK Power Networks when the box was installed and both ends are in sealed terminals :bang:  )

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version