The Shop > Tools

Pultra 1750

<< < (2/4) > >>

vtsteam:
Thanks for the two pics, Dell -- Pultras always look great to my eyes! I like the "streamliner" look with all the curves.  :thumbup:

I do see some invalid attachments in the second post. Should I delete those, or do you have photos you wanted to put in there? I can add them if you want.  :beer:

Dell:
Hi vtsteam
Sorry  for the delay in answering lotsof things going on my end I don’t know why the attachments don’t show but if it’s possible to add from link yes please if not I can post them again.
Here is a few more anyway, I am going to remove the bearings as since I have been using it I haven’t seen the oil drop on the sight glass so I am wondering if the wick’s have go hard or worse still missing altogether the bronze bearings were the only part  I didn’t remove  because there was no play I have also added an indexing plate with the mounting modified to fit my rotary table plates.
Dell

Dell:
Now there 2 pictures the same I must be doing something wrong please remove one thanks
Never mind I found the edit link

vtsteam:
Hi Dell,
Thanks for posting the Pultra photos!

And glad you got posting them sorted out. As a further request, remember in future to reduce your photos before posting to no more than 800 pixels wide, the forum standard. I've reduced your earlier images to this size just now. Thanks!

Dell:
Sorry vtsteam will remember in future, I have altered following picture to 40kb smallest it has.
Headstock apart because I thought the wicks may be past there best  because it didn’t seem as though it was using any oil , but Sod’s law they were fine and oil all round bearings and spindle, so it must be it doesn’t use much oil because no wear on bearings and very slight marks on spindle I can see them but not feel them, new wicks going in anyway.
Dell

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version