Gallery, Projects and General > Project Logs

3d printer - Leapfrog creatr conversion

<< < (3/12) > >>

WeldingRod:
That is some proper ship-shape wire tendering!  It's going to pay off in reliability!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

BillTodd:

I'm interested in how the resin printed parts will hold up over time.  It is surprising how the material changes : It comes out of the vat quite soft and sticky. After a half-hour or so exposed to a few watts of violet/blue light (405nm not really Ultraviolet) it hardens and dries. It can be filed , sanded, drilled, tapped easily.

After a few days , in normal light , it is noticeably harder and , in the case of white resin, changes colour from a ivory to a brilliant white (the hard resin is very fluorescent so I suspect the colour is the result of the final stages of polymerisation ). It also becomes noticeably more brittle, less flexible.

BillTodd:
I've got the extruder mounted and wired. Heater block and fan are working , but the motor is not being driven (it's wired ok so must be a config issue).

I managed to squirt some filament by hand 

My Z axis home switch mount and cam prints failed  ( almost certainly) because of the low temperature as the resin gets very viscous below about 20'C. I'll have to revisit my cupboard heater tomorrow to get them printed.

BillTodd:
Fixed the extruder motor problem : it seems that by default the forth motor is used as a second Z axis , so a simple matter of shifting the driver and plugs along to the next slot .

The Tadpole extruder seems to work well  motor runs cool at 300mA .

Just got to sort the Z axis home switch

BillTodd:
well, we have a print ... of sorts

I'm beginning to think the Tadpole may have been an extruder too far...

It seems to work fine then randomly miss steps as if something was jamming inside.  I kept upping the motor current to compensate until it overheated and seized (plastic warping in the heat)

Print quality is OK though (without cooling fan ATM)

Not sure what to do now: make the tadpole out of aluminium as unoriginally intended or try to find the source of the random jams.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version