The Craftmans Shop > New from Old

It's BIG, Yellow and digs holes! JCB 3CX Project 8 is joining the Tractor Shed

<< < (5/53) > >>

Pete.:
I bet you could find a fuse puller on thingiverse. I might have one somewhere you often find them supplied in car/van fuse boxes.

Pete W.:
Hi there, Andrew,

You referred to a 'bonded washer'.  I take it that's the generic name for what I was introduced to as a 'Dowty Seal'?

Are they a multi-manufacturer item?  Are Dowty still in business? 

awemawson:
PeteW - yes Bonded Washer = Dowty Seal

Pete. - turns out eBay abounds with fuse pullers so order placed ! Johnny Bravo popped over to pick up some electrolytic capacitors and pointed this out to me .

awemawson:
Only a little thing this morning, but at least it's ticked off the list: Replace the broken rear view mirrors. I had a few moments waiting for someone to shift some of the 'stuff' he's storing here so grabbed the opportunity !

pycoed:
 Well Andrew, do you really expect us to believe it'll be just a Dowty seal? :D We all know it will be an internal  crack in the valve block, which is obtainable only on special order (8 months delivery ) at a cost of £4,199.57 plus a 10% order fee, plus the VAT, payable in advance. This option you will decline.
The alternative will of course require drawing a new part using some arcane 1970's CAD system to machine a pattern on the Beaver to make a casting using an induction furnace, subsequently modified to improve the design so it can be capable of easier machining.
The resultant valve block will be turned out on the beaver at 25% of the JCB price, ensuring that you make millions & can therefore stay in the pig business for at least another 3 years.
Am I right?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version