The Shop > Tools

tool tip No 2

(1/3) > >>

krv3000:
 right in my work shop I mostly use MM taps  and BA taps and ME taps   sum of my taps cum in box sets for example my BA tap and die set from 10BA to 0BA and my ME tap and die set  and so on . I have printed out drill size chart that I have laminated and go in to the tap and die box  I no sum of you can remember the size of drill you need for a M3 tap but my memory ant that good and it saves me from keep having a look at a wall chart for the drill size witch no mater where I'm at in the workshop its at the other end as for my MM taps and dies their liv in a draw so i have the drill sizes in the draw with them hope this is of use     :nrocks:

Pete49:
A very useful tip thanks. A print job for the evening.

SwarfnStuff:
    I keep a chart close by OR check my phone app. Whilst I do have an Imperial drill set 99% of the time I work in Metric - Imperial stuff mostly gets multiplied by 25.4. :smart:

I do recall someone having a block of wood with the Taps and its appropriate drill next to each other.
Guess it is a case of whatever works for you.   

John B

WeldingRod:
At one point made an excel chart with all the weird english drill sizes and 1/2mm sizes, in order with the decimal sizes.
I color coded the metric and fractional bits.  A very handy chart; I've got three on my shop walls.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

tom osselton:
There is this in the resources area.
https://www.gewinde-normen.de/en/index.html

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version