Author Topic: tip of the day  (Read 3219 times)

Offline krv3000

tip of the day
« on: August 28, 2021, 05:18:55 PM »
hi I got asked a Strang question today why did I have three hacksaw's  (any one no the answer )  well  instead of keep  changing the blade in the one hacksaw for ether  a 18 teeth blade or a 24 or a 32  just have three hacksaw's   with one of the  blades  fitted so you have one with a 18 teeth blade and one fitted with a 24 teeth blade and one fitted with a 32 teeth blade don't have all the hacksaw frames the same you will soon get to no witch frame has wat blade in it by the different look of etch frame  :thumbup:

Offline WeldingRod

Re: tip of the day
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2021, 10:51:21 PM »
That's what I do too!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Offline SwarfnStuff

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2021, 01:12:46 AM »
Great tip,
Alas no room for more tools hanging on the wall. Plus, being lazy I tend to use whatever blade is in the saw at the time unless I have a lot to do that cannot be done in my small portable band saw.
   Sad isn't it!   :doh:

John B
Converting good metal into swarf sometimes ending up with something useful. ;-)

Offline russ57

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2021, 03:41:22 AM »
Another forum im on had a guy selling an angle grinder because "he didnt need 3"....

The shouts suggesting 4 or 5 to be the absolute minimum saw him withdrawing it from sale.
Metal cut off, metal grind, flap, wire wheel, tungsten cut off, plus at least one to be able to swap around, maybe a larger one,....

Although he was a wood guy.

-russ

Online RussellT

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2021, 05:18:02 PM »
Another forum im on had a guy selling an angle grinder because "he didnt need 3"....

The shouts suggesting 4 or 5 to be the absolute minimum saw him withdrawing it from sale.

Yes, agree 100%.  I have 4 and I still have to change discs.

Russell
Common sense is unfortunately not as common as its name suggests.