Gallery, Projects and General > The Design Shop

box tool with parting.

<< < (2/2)

philf:

--- Quote from: shipto on August 21, 2021, 03:42:15 AM ---I guess a pin in a vertical slot would make sure it didn't get stuck forward, good shout. Do you have any pictures of the one you made BTW?

--- End quote ---

Here are a few pics:

In the first pic the larger grub screw is to adjust the cutting edge to dead-on centre height.

A parting tool would have to be directly opposite the cutting edge of the diameter tool so would have to mount to the 6mm plate which carries the guide bushes.

I do have a CAD drawing somewhere.

Cheers.

Phil.

shipto:
Exellent, I noticed the chamfer on the cutting tool that would be for countersunk bolts? I am still thinking over some of the details for mine but have made a start so will start a thread after I have had my tea.

philf:

--- Quote from: shipto on August 21, 2021, 03:03:25 PM ---Exellent, I noticed the chamfer on the cutting tool that would be for countersunk bolts? I am still thinking over some of the details for mine but have made a start so will start a thread after I have had my tea.

--- End quote ---

The 'chamfer' is an optical illusion - it's quite sharp with perhaps a 0.1mm stoned radius.

shipto:

--- Quote from: philf on August 21, 2021, 03:24:21 PM ---
--- Quote from: shipto on August 21, 2021, 03:03:25 PM ---Exellent, I noticed the chamfer on the cutting tool that would be for countersunk bolts? I am still thinking over some of the details for mine but have made a start so will start a thread after I have had my tea.

--- End quote ---

The 'chamfer' is an optical illusion - it's quite sharp with perhaps a 0.1mm stoned radius.

--- End quote ---
Fair enough  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version