The Craftmans Shop > New from Old

Collet Storage

<< < (2/3) > >>

awemawson:
Continuing the collet storage theme I thought I'd sort out my 5C collets - previously piled in two totes in a cupboard, finding what I needed or if indeed I had that size was impossible.

So 40 mm waste pipe sliced into sections and solvent glued got them neatly into another drawer and easily 'findable'  :ddb:

(This time in the interests of domestic harmony I bought my own clothes pegs - these things are cheap as chips and I suspect that they will come in handy for all sorts of applications in the workshop, especially when painting small parts)

Pete.:
Neat.

What length did you cut the waste pipe to Andrew? I have a bunch of R8 collets I ned to store.

awemawson:
I think iirc the 5C's were about 75mm

"Design Concept" is that the collet just pokes out of the top of the tube so that you can grab it with your fingers otherwise extraction would be a pain.

Your R8's will of course need to be a different length. (Mine stand in holes in thick bullet proof plastic window material rescued from a skip outside Nat West Beckenham when they refurbished the 'tellers counters' back in the days when the WERE banks on the high street!)

Pete.:
Umm, sorry I put 5c but I spelt it R8 :)

awemawson:
Doesn't the door of your Hardinge have an integral 5C collet rack - I thought that they all had ?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version