The Breakroom > The Water Cooler

I'm Fed Up with Electronic Measuring Gauges !

<< < (2/4) > >>

Lew_Merrick_PE:
I am not disputing what has been said. but Iremove the batteries from all my "electronic devices" when they are not being used.  My 6 inch electronic calipers were bought in the late-1980's.  My electronic "angular tilt gauge" is nearly 30 years old.  Etc.  --  Lew

awemawson:
Lew so do I, and virtually all my older electronic measuring kit is working fine. I'm afraid the modern (Chinese?) stuff doesn't seem to last any time at all

(The exceptions are those two Mitutoyo gauges that I bought second hand at a Model Engineer exhibition at least 25 years ago!)

mattinker:

--- Quote from: awemawson on June 09, 2021, 09:41:47 AM ---Matthew, like you I am left handed, and I got myself a 12" left handed 'digital vernier' some while ago thinking it to be a 'good idea'

I'm everlastingly picking up the blooming thing the wrong way round as I'm so indoctrinated into the ways of a right handed world !

--- End quote ---
Andrew, I remembered your left handed! That's why I mentioned it. I have two vernier calipers, one is left-handed and the other is right-handed, I recognise them easily from a distance and am now used to holding them the other way round! I'm looking for a 100mm/4" left-handed vernier caliper, which would fit into my pocket easier!

Cheers, Matthew

efrench:
I have a couple of cheap Shahe dro's on my rose engine.  One of them jumps 5mm occasionally, usually just when I need to know when I'm at the bottom of a bore.  The other either reads 138,234 or 0, I'm never sure which is correct :zap:

WeldingRod:
Solar Mitutoyo calipers solve these problems ;-)

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version