Author Topic: Can't post new topic  (Read 4896 times)

Offline pycoed

Can't post new topic
« on: May 25, 2021, 04:01:35 PM »
I'm trying to upload in the Project Logs section anew item with several images (8 in all). I have ensured they are all <1Mb in size, but whenever I try to preview, the preview pane shows "attachment not loaded yet" or some such. If I just press "Post" nothing happens & the whole post disappears after several minutes with a message about server not found or similar. Any ideas? Anyone else found this lately?

Offline awemawson

• Global Moderator
  • East Sussex, UK
Re: Can't post new topic
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2021, 04:26:58 PM »
Works for me.

I've just posted a thread in the projects log with a picture of your previous post
Andrew Mawson
East Sussex

Offline pycoed

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2021, 06:20:04 PM »
I can't get the preview to work at all, but having just posted two posts with pics they seem to appear OK in the forum. Next issue is how to delete the test posts!

Offline pycoed

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2021, 06:31:12 PM »
I just posted the whole lot with the 8 pics attached & yet again I get a fail :bang:
It reports
"This site can’t be reachedThe web page at https://www.madmodder.net/index.php?action=post2;start=0;board=10 might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.
ERR_HTTP2_PING_FAILED"
I give up!

Offline awemawson

• Global Moderator
  • East Sussex, UK
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2021, 02:16:26 AM »
Strange, as if I press the link in your post above it goes straight to the address it says isn’t available :scratch:
Andrew Mawson
East Sussex

Offline pycoed

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2021, 05:30:23 AM »
I reduced all the images to <500Kb & the post has now loaded (fourth attempt!! Thank God for cut & paste! :beer:), but having taken some trouble to populate the text with the attachments, they have appeared all together at the bottom :doh: Oh well, that was harder work than it should be - I couldn't find a "sticky" on how to post images - does anyone know if there is one? I'd like to know what I was doing wrong - 43 years  of marriage & you get like that!

Offline RussellT

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2021, 05:55:05 AM »
Any ideas? Anyone else found this lately?

Yes. 21 January. https://www.madmodder.net/index.php/topic,13307.0.html

Same solution.

Russell
Common sense is unfortunately not as common as its name suggests.

Offline philf

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2021, 06:38:30 PM »
Pycoed,

If you want your photos to appear in order and in your text you need to have them hosted somewhere and then you can insert a web link wherever you want them to appear.

Phil.
Phil Fern