The Shop > CNC

Elegoo Saturn - first week

<< < (3/5) > >>

BillTodd:
Thanks Muzzerboy , I'll look into that :-)

The temporarily assembled the printed slide looks like it should work OK - slide quite nicely with a bit of graphite power , I just need to purloin some  chrome 10mm bar from work and couple the motor to the screw

efrench:

--- Quote from: BillTodd on May 18, 2021, 04:02:46 AM ---By the way...

I've decided to make my coil winder project open source* (and 3d printed) , in the hope that someone else will find it useful ;-).  It's currently in use winding microphone transformers so it does kinda work.

The software in in my 'stanwegian'  flavour of Python  and is design to run on a RPi  (it was developed in Windows an Linux and can run on those platforms just as well)  . Motor control is handled by a couple of PIC 12F1572s.

Let me know if anyone is interested and I'll share some more info.

*if anyone knows the more about publishing open source designs ,  please let me know.

--- End quote ---

I use GitHub.  You can select which open source license to use. Here's a link to my rose engine hardware and firmware.

BillTodd:
How does github work?

I presume its a paid  service  ? Costs? 

efrench:
It's free.  You just need to create your account and start adding files.

JHovel:
Hi Bill,
I have a little Photon Zero and was given a Uniz Slash Plus by my dentist! Best things since sliced bread! Once you figure out the supports - or rather the best orientation of the print - they can make amazing stuff!
Have fun!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version