The Shop > CNC

Elegoo Saturn - first week

(1/5) > >>

BillTodd:
After months of waiting , my  new Elegoo Saturn finally arrived . All nicely packaged and wrapped.

It seems well made, rigid and worth the money*

The first print failed – because I hadn’t level the bed correctly

The second print came out nicely although had a minor and inconsequential warp (which I now know is caused by droop)

The third print , a miniature ‘little dancer’ (Degas) was so good I printed a second copy as large as I could squeeze in to the build volume : she came out just over 250mm tall and near as perfect my imperfect support allowed (droop is a real problem!)

One week playing and  I’ve burned through the first kilogram of resin.

The result is :

538g of useable prints  - all very nice :-)

at the cost of

1kg Anycubic  sensitive basic  White
~1l IPA  with another 1.5l in tubs and jars , contaminated with resin
1/2  a roll of  blue industrial paper wipe
about 1/4- 1/2 box of gloves
1/2 of my two brain cells...

* I paid £415 to Banggood and I’m currently awaiting the bad news from the shipper for handling the HMRC paper work  for the Duty and VAT.

Bill

BillTodd:
By the way...

I've decided to make my coil winder project open source* (and 3d printed) , in the hope that someone else will find it useful ;-).  It's currently in use winding microphone transformers so it does kinda work.

The software in in my 'stanwegian'  flavour of Python  and is design to run on a RPi  (it was developed in Windows an Linux and can run on those platforms just as well)  . Motor control is handled by a couple of PIC 12F1572s.

Let me know if anyone is interested and I'll share some more info.

*if anyone knows the more about publishing open source designs ,  please let me know.

awemawson:
No I'm not jealous - no really I'M NOT JEALOUS . . . .

. . . .OK I'm jealous - there I've said it !

Very nice  :thumbup:

John Rudd:
Jealous with envy...is that superlative? :lol:

Very nice Bill....I like the coil formers... :bow:

I keep thinking of buying a 3d printer...
I need to make some small molding boxes for encapsulating circuit boards ( speed control) for some electric drills I'm refurbing, but cant justify the cost at the moment..

BillTodd:

--- Quote from: awemawson on May 18, 2021, 05:20:07 AM ---No I'm not jealous - no really I'M NOT JEALOUS . . . .

. . . .OK I'm jealous - there I've said it !

Very nice  :thumbup:

--- End quote ---
:D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version