Gallery, Projects and General > How do I??

Startrite 18V10 Blade Tension Indicator Access - How the heck do you?

<< < (4/4)

Bee:
Ah, different models. In mine the rear pads are carbide and side ones cast iron.

awemawson:
On mine there is an upper block above the table, and a lower one under the table. The blocks are just rectangular with a blade  thickness slot 25 thou in my case, cut to a depth so that the teeth project but the rest of the blade is supported. You fit blocks to suit your blade, 1/4 3/8 1/2 etc . Their mounting is adjustable front to back and side to side, but not in anyway for pinch.

millwright:
Sorry Andrew thats a no for the blade blocks, i've searched everywhere in my garage and that's no mean feat, i was sure i  had had a couple of 3/4" and 1/2" all i've found is a broken table insert for a 14s1 and some worn out brass bushed wheel guides for the same machine, did a google search and they are still available but at £38 for a pair.

John

awemawson:
Thanks for looking. It's not just £38 for a pair - with carriage and VAT you're looking at £54 so at some time I must get myself into gear and make a jig to hold blanks on my wire EDM machine as I can cut them in the hard state. Any idea what the material is? I suspect it might be chilled cast iron - certainly glass hard.

I'm sorted for table inserts - I drew one up in Fusion 360 and 3D printed several of them.

howsitwork?:
Andrew

I would suspect stelite or at least hardened steel pins. Mine it 20 years old and the blade guides needed diamond grinding to face em off smooth. !

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version