Author Topic: SKIL 15 Amp Table Saw  (Read 7736 times)

Offline adavidm3

SKIL 15 Amp Table Saw
« on: March 13, 2021, 12:14:22 PM »
Can anyone give me any experience on the SKIL 15 Amp table saw who already used it?
I am pretty new to woodworking, so any advice would be appreciated,
thank you
« Last Edit: March 14, 2021, 01:38:55 PM by adavidm3 »

Offline Pete49

Re: SKIL 15 Amp Table Saw
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2021, 09:07:02 PM »
Welcome. Try to keep fingers away from blade is best advice I give to woodworking beginners.
Others will chime in soon.
 :beer:
oops..........oh no.........blast now I need to redo it

Offline mtf70

Re: SKIL 15 Amp Table Saw
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2021, 06:14:29 AM »
I own and use a Milwaukee table saw on a regular basis and have reasonable experience of using other table saws both site and workshop type.

If you are not familiar with using table saws then my advice would be to watch and read everything you can related to the subject.

On YouTube I found 'Stumpy Nubbs' and 'Gosforth Handyman' to have easy to understand table saw videos. Bob Chase was a veteran woodworker in the US but he has some good table saw tips worth viewing too.

Basic safety I know but I always use a guard when possible and always isolate the power supply before making any adjustments that take you near the moving parts; simply turning off is not enough when near the blade or drive parts.

Some aspects are different as things are a bit different in the US as you can use dado stacks on extended arbours which are not allowed in the UK.

The table saw is a great tool and if used with confidence, care and respect will serve you well.