Author Topic: equipment box  (Read 7990 times)

Offline NormanV

• United Kingdom
equipment box
« on: July 25, 2021, 11:52:39 AM »
I have been a member of this forum for nine years and am often frustrated when I log on to find no new entries. It is so often that we rely on Andrew with his amazing projects. Thank you Andrew. I have not been doing a lot of engineering recently but I have been irritated by my two metric micrometers rattling around in a drawer. I haqve made a box for them and thought that I should share it.

Offline awemawson

• Global Moderator
  • East Sussex, UK
Re: equipment box
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2021, 12:58:49 PM »
Can you share some pictures of your boxes Norman, I'm sure I'm not the only one who would like to see them.

Not much happening here project wise, but I did spend a couple of hours today rolling around on the floor of the tractor shed trying to adjust the brakes on the forklift. No pictures as I was knackered, filthy and VERY wet - the heavens opened, we had just shy of 30 mm of rain in a short space of time, Brakes still useless - I suspect the pedal / servo linkage needs tweaking.

Andrew Mawson
East Sussex

Offline Sea.dog

• Up Spirits!
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2021, 01:53:43 PM »
You were lucky, Andrew. I had to don my oilskins to put a tarpaulin over the roof of my workshop, which is now wetter inside than out  :( 

Offline awemawson

• Global Moderator
  • East Sussex, UK
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2021, 02:15:29 PM »
Oh dear, do you need to borrow a dehumidifier to stop the rust? I have a decently large 'contractor' one.
Andrew Mawson
East Sussex

Offline NormanV

• United Kingdom
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2021, 01:47:40 AM »
I am not sure what is happening but when I try to load pictures I get an error code "HTTP error 500"

Offline awemawson

• Global Moderator
  • East Sussex, UK
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2021, 02:50:59 AM »
Strange. If you email them to me I’ll see if I can upload them to the thread.
Andrew Mawson
East Sussex

Offline Sea.dog

• Up Spirits!
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2021, 05:44:33 AM »
Oh dear, do you need to borrow a dehumidifier to stop the rust? I have a decently large 'contractor' one.

Thanks for the offer, but I have a small domestic one, and that seems to have worked wonders overnight. A couple more days and I'll be happy that it's all dried out. Maybe there'll be a little moisture left in the lagging, but that can sort itself out over time.

Offline krv3000

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2021, 09:04:07 PM »
hi just my bit their will be a post Cuming up soon