The Breakroom > The Water Cooler

Current status in Canada

<< < (2/2)

John Rudd:
Charlie,
I booked this holiday long before COVID became as “big as it is”.
Bought and paid for in Feb 2020. We were going to celebrate our 40th wedding anniversary and my wife’s birthday during the time away. Then we were placed in lock down, so the ta suggested rescheduling for this May....It also meant they didn’t have to give us a refund...So we agreed...Now obstacles are being put in place to prevent us holidaying but the ta is still reluctant to refund, suggesting moving it to next year....
One majorly important aspect of our holiday is that we are not residing in one hotel, we have an itinerary, stopping off at various locations throughout Eastern Canada...so a 14 day isolation period is not feasible..
I guess we need to wait a bit more..

russ57:
I'd be rescheduling.
Here in Oz, an outbreak at a quarantine hotel (8 cases) has already resulted in 1 border closure. And if I recall, they are the only cases in the state.

With luck, the vaccination programme commencing worldwide will result in significant reductions in outbreaks, and also recognition of one's vaccination status allowing exemption from most restrictions.

-russ

russ57:
And now with 13 cases of 'the UK strain' we are in a hard 'circuit breaker' lockdown for 5 days.

-russ

tom osselton:
I’m afraid it will be wait and see it will depend on vaccines and what the idiots in power  proclaim right now they require a test done before boarding and one when you get here + a 3 day stint in quarantine at a $3000.00 cost to you.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version