The Shop > Metal Stuff

Electro Engraving Problems

<< < (5/5)

RussellT:
Hi Steve

I feel a bit guilty now as I suggested the Press n Peel. :( :coffee:

I've had success with it and no problems like that.  However I don't think I've ever put a whole sheet in the printer at one go.  It's far too expensive for that.  My technique is as follows.  First I print out the design on plain paper so I know exactly where it appears on the sheet, then I cut a piece of Press n Peel slightly bigger than the design with a bit of excess at the top, I tape that along the top edge to the piece of paper I first printed so that it covers the design.  Then I feed that through the printer again and it prints the design on my scrap of press-n-peel.  I use ordinary sellotape but I generally cut the ends rather than tear them so that they lie flat.

Russell

Pete.:

--- Quote from: AdeV on January 25, 2021, 03:38:58 AM ---
--- Quote from: Pete. on January 23, 2021, 09:54:10 AM ---Ade I have a huge sheet of reclaimed brass if you need some. I think it's 18 or 16 gauge. IT's got cotact adhesive one side and (unbelievably) brown paint the other but it comes up well with some careful scraping of the glue and rubbing with scotchbrite.

--- End quote ---

Hi Pete,

I would definitely be interested in a bit of that at some point.... I've got a few brass plates on the lathe that need re-making, due to wear and tear, I'll ping you some sizes over in a day or so, they're only little...

--- End quote ---

No problem. Let me know when you have your sizes. They'll be cut over-size with a grinder though as I have no shear.

Pete.

vtsteam:

--- Quote from: RussellT on January 28, 2021, 06:01:10 AM ---Hi Steve

I feel a bit guilty now as I suggested the Press n Peel. :( :coffee:

--- End quote ---

No worries at all, Russell, I had actually ordered it before I saw your suggestion. And your (above) suggested method makes a lot of sense. I will try it (again on my own decision, don't worry!). I think that will solve the slippery back face problem.

I have actually printed homemade model airplane "decals" on fine tissue paper by doing a similar paper backing method, and never had a problem.

Thanks for the explanation of what you've done.  :beer:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version