The Breakroom > The Water Cooler

Mystery Objects

(1/5) > >>

RussellT:
Hello Shed Dwellers  :nrocks:

I've been clearing out my mother in laws shed and I've found some mystery objects.   :scratch: :scratch:  They were in a shed so I thought I'd ask on here if any one knew what they were.

The first one is three small metal objects - each about 20mm long - the odd one out is marked OSOEZI PATENT.  There might be another character in front of OSOEZI but if it's a character it's not legible.  I googled that and came up with patent cuff links - but the pictures were nothing like these.

The second one is a bit more modern and is half a dozen plastic pieces that clip together to make a long thing.  There's a picture of the presumed handle and business end as well.

The third one is a bit of steel.  I have a feeling I've seen something like this elsewhere but I have no idea what it is. :scratch:

All suggestions gratefully received.

Russell

awemawson:
Photo 1 - Card clips holding a label to fabric

Photo 2 - No real idea - extendable back scratcher ? - Something to unblock a long pipe?

Photo 3 - thin chisels ?

Brass_Machine:
Picture 2 looks very similar to the stakes that are used for lawn lighting.

Eric

Sea.dog:
Third photo looks like a rabbet plane blade

RussellT:
I should have said that the second one's parts are about 8 inches long, and that the third one is also about 8 inches long.  That seemed to get lost in my struggle to post it.

Andrew, your first suggestion seems very plausible, but what would be sufficiently novel to justify a patent or a name like OSOEZI.

Eric, good thought, but I think it would be too flimsy to stick in a lawn.  I did wonder about a tool for threading something through a tube.

Sea.dog Interesting suggestion, but I'm not sure it's got much of an edge. I'll have to look in the morning.

Russell

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version