Author Topic: Siemens Micromaster VFD problem  (Read 2734 times)

Offline pycoed

Siemens Micromaster VFD problem
« on: January 15, 2021, 10:15:21 AM »
Using the mill earlier today, taking a light cut over the face of a 50mm piece of steel (a PTO adapter to be precise), suddenly heard a click & the mill stopped. It's a Marlow  vertical mill (sadly the model without a quill, but hey ho ) with a 3 Ph  3/4hp motor.  I use it maybe an hour a month at most.
For 20 years this has been driven by a Siemens MicroMaster VFD Model 6SE3113-6BA70-4AAO. I have a sub panel with a pot, on-off switch & F-R switch connected to the command terminals & was using the mill with a 3/4" endmill & the VFD set to 35Hz which seemed OK to me until it stopped with the display flashing!
Does anyone know how to reset this VFD, since the flashing display prevents any input from being recognised. Is there a "reset" sequence to be pressed for example? I notice that when connected to power & the display flashing starts & I switch the power off, there is no "click" after a few seconds as normally would occur, which suggests a relay to me. Any advice would be welcome, since I need the mill to complete the project with the PTO adapter!

Offline awemawson

• Global Moderator
  • East Sussex, UK
Andrew Mawson
East Sussex

Offline pycoed

Re: Siemens Micromaster VFD problem
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2021, 10:42:07 AM »
Thanks, but the 440 series is much more modern than mine & has LED's to denote warnings, but mine has nowt but the main display. This will sometimes show a fault code F0006 e.g, which can then be rectified (last one I had was when a wire come off the remote pot). I've never has a flashing display before & am at a loss to know how to get around this. While the diplay flashes on & off, no input seems to be possible.

Offline pycoed

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2021, 10:48:10 AM »
I have found the operating instructions for the drive, but it tells me that a flashing display denotes a warning, & that the actual warning can be found by parameter P931. Sadly there is no way to interrogate the parameter tables whilst the display is flashing - did Microsoft do any work for Siemens I wonder? :bang:

Offline awemawson

• Global Moderator
  • East Sussex, UK
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2021, 12:34:18 PM »
Siemens do have a support forum that I found very useful when I was resurrecting my Beaver Lathe with an ancient Siemens controller. You have to register, and the support that  you get will likely be from other users rather than Siemens

The support forum is divided by industry and application and rather obscure ! But sadly I've lost my log in now - google it
Andrew Mawson
East Sussex

Offline BillTodd

• Colchester Essex (where the lathes were made)
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2021, 02:23:00 PM »
Typically the stop button on the device or a power cycle will reset them. (I have used micromasters on various projects).

If the flashing persists after powering , there maybe a hardware problem .
Bill