The Shop > CNC

Printer Enclosure.

<< < (7/8) > >>

shipto:
So went back into the firmware and put in some more accurate numbers and after 2 iterations marlin reports that its all good  :ddb:

shipto:
Paid a visit to my local metal suppliers today and got them to cut me some 310x310x4 aluminium and now have the silicon heat pad stuck on and the bed ready for the glass surface.
Jobs left to do:
tidy wiring especially the heat bed wiring including fitting an earth to the bed as its a 240v ac pad.
work out how I am going to mount 3 reels of filament, probably going to be mounted on the door if I can figure out a kink free pathway.
work out how to arrange the wiring thats going to the extruder, 3d touch etc so it wont foul up in the gantries.
get some longer wires so I can mount the lcd at the front of the printer.
plus probably a few others I haven't thought of yet.

shipto:
I am now looking at the hotend etc part of the build. I currently have the touch probe and the hotend in position but the cooling for the hotend and the part cooling is going to take some serious thinking. The hotend kit came with a 40mm fan but I think I will change this for a 30mm fan so I can use some really thin sheet to make the mount that will direct the air past the cooling fins and out through the back so it wont interfere with the print too much. I am hoping I can construct something that will be held in place by the two screws that hold the heater block in and the push fitting at the top.

shipto:
After a bit of amateurish sheet bashing I have a slightly lop sided but functional cooling fan mount. I apologize to any professional tin bashers out there but I did the best I could with the equipment to hand  :lol:

shipto:
Not finished by any means but I have mounted the extruder (For some reason Marlin ignored the new steps per mm I entered so I had to enter it into the lcd and save it to eeprom) and it has laid down some filament.
I was running out of time because daughter was badgering me to take her home  :wack: so I just looked through my old files and found a trolley token, I am quite pleased with the result you can even see it is supposed to have a trolley on it which is already better than my I3 clone did.
I have to say those TMC2008 stepsticks make it so quiet that the fan seems really loud.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version