The Shop > CNC

Printer Enclosure.

<< < (6/8) > >>

BillTodd:
There doesn't seem to be much thought gone into preventing plugging accidents with these cheap boards. They seem happy to mix voltages on bare unprotected pins 3v3 next to 5v, next to 24+

Be very careful of the octopus's fan selection pins !  5,12,24 on an array of pins just waiting to bite. Even accidentally dropped objects like nuts or washers can be expensive.

shipto:
Ok so I am back on track and working through the firmware although I have had to backtrack on one or two things and getting the wifi up and running is giving me big headaches but that can wait till later so its disabled for now.

shipto:
 :ddb: Now we are talking  :ddb:
I drew up some stops and they are both working great. The X axis however can only hit the switch after the Y axis has homed so thats been done via the firmware and I hope that doesn't cause any issues in the future but I can only think it will if it skips steps?
The X axis is operated via a sprung bolt carried by the Y axis and I will have to redraw/reprint that side to include a neater hole for it.
The bit I am most pleased about is the 3dtouch probe I thought it was malfunctioning at first because it was always showing triggered which I thought was wrong but it works fine. Even the auto bed levelling is working which was a shock because afterwards I realised I had not set up the 3 steppers in the order shown on the firmware but it didn't matter it sorted itself out.

BillTodd:
Great stuff 8-)

If you're running trinamic drivers, they can  be configured to fault on stall (as used on sensorless homing) so that crashing in to a hard stop is not a drama.

I initially used sensorless homing on my corexy but since both motors are moving cfor x and y moves it caused occasional homing faults so ive had to ad switches?

Bill

shipto:
Actually scratch the bed leveling bit I switched the screen to marlin mode which told me it was getting worse after 5 tries. you would think the touch screen mode would let you know somehow  :doh:
Shouldn't be too hard to get working properly now its going through the motions though.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version